Monday, December 21, 2009

Men's Week: Watches


This week I am going to explore masculine looks that inspire me and that make a man stand out in a crowd.  Several influences that made me think more about the way men dress are a blog that I frequent, 00oo00; An "On the Street" called "Standouts"; and the picture to the left of David Beckham.  I mean, THAT is how a suit is supposed to be worn (and what a great looking couple, right?). 


In the "So Fine" video from Sean Paul, his white watch caught my eye.  A brand that makes such a white watch that popped first into my head was Chanel.  The J12 is a popular seller, and comes in a few different editions.  The sizes range from about 38 mm to 42 mm and mostly come in black and white ceramic, with the option of a stone bezel.  The one below is a limited edition J12 GMT. 


pics and more options after the jump.....



A feature that is commonly associated with masculine watches is the chronograph.  The BVLGARI Carbon Gold watch is made of stainless steel, white gold, and carbon and has a leather strap.  I love the all-black and the "BVLGARI" going around the face. 



Timex for J.Crew has a unisex military-inspired watch in stores.  The site offers many different nylon straps to choose from.   A co-worker (male)of mine has this watch and loves it.  Plus, you can't go wrong with glow-in-the-dark hands!  This type of watch is probably the most easily integrated into a woman's wardrobe.  You can layer this watch with thin fabric and leather bracelets.



This is  my favorite men's watch that I will probably get one of these days.  I don't wear one, so I usually wonder what's the point.  The Burberry Classic round watch comes in a women's edition, but I prefer the men's one with a rose dial.  A silver dial is also available.  I prefer a watch stainless steel band and I love the lines on the band and the face. 


Propaganda:




photos courtesy of popbytes.com, chanel.com, bloomingdales.com, jcrew.com, bulgari.com, and thesartorialist.blogspot.com

No comments: