Thursday, December 10, 2009

Current hair fashion


I try to practice my French by surfing on some sites that interest me.  Paris Breakfasts is my favorite (bonjour, macarons!), I try to read some of the reviews on Ciao.fr, and I recently found out about Le Figaro Madame's site - chock full of articles about jewelry, beauty, and fashion.  It is a great way to see how  Frenchies really speak/write; none of that text book stuff.  I enjoyed looking at the hair trends they posted for Winter 2009/2010 so I am going to share some.  The French are known for sporting chic topknots, so it is no surprise that the ballerina bun made the list.  I really loved this one from Paul Smith - the criss-cross action is lovely and elegant. 


more styles after the jump...








Speaking of top knots, here is a look with a leather bun cover from YSL.  A high, tight ponytail or bun is an instant facelift and you can get away with little to no makeup while still looking fresh. 

Hair accessories are fun and serve a purpose - you can add them to a messy 'do to make it more centralized or just to isolate a stylistic element, like this look from Dries van Noten.  Make your side part on the prettier side of your face.  And if both sides of your face is gorgeous, I hate you.










Work your waves and kinks like this style from Guy Laroche! Maybe I am a biased kinky/curly girl, but texture is interesting and memorable.  You can create artificial kinks by a crimping iron, or a less damaging method I saw on the Dior 2009 Fall Couture show: set the hair on large straight pins. 








Here is a another accessory look - messy in the front, and a contained mass in the back at Rochas.  You can get a cheapie hair net in many different colors from your local beauty supply store for a dollar or so. 











When I wear my hair straight and want to put it up, I usually try to go for something like this, from Zac Posen.  I never have pin-straight hair, I always like it with a bit of curl at the ends.  You can achieve this look by parting your hair in a bunch of sections and pinning each section in one location.  Slap on a headband, and you don't have to worry about your hair all day. 

No comments: