Thursday, December 24, 2009

Men's Week: Luggage



I have to admit that I roll my eyes every time I see a guy in the airport carrying an LV monogram carry-on.  There are much more suitable options when it comes to luxury luggage when these guys have an overall masculine look.   Also, I am more of a fan of understated elegance, and a large bag with LV’s logo printed all over it is hardly subtle.  I started following 00oo00's blog after seeing a post that introduced me to Trussardi 1911 with this bag that I went crazy for. He is certainly a travel bag ho after my own heart!  Trussardi also carries neat small leather goods like a French cardholder – well-seasoned travelers know to travel with games when going with group.  Might be perfect for my Sponge Bob Uno deck!

Known for their minimalist nylon handbags, Prada carries weekend bags in nylon as well as in deerskin and lambskin.









You really don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on a nylon bag, though.  I bought a great nylon and faux leather weekender with a large zipper from H&M this summer and I love it.  


But if you have a couple thousand to spend, why not look at Hermes?



If you are a frequent flyer, you are probably familiar with the high-quality luggage brand Samsonite.  How gorgeous is this Hommage II Boston Bag?  It also comes with wheels!







Kenneth Cole is a super popular brand with guys, I saw this great leather weekender on their site. 








The main reason why I love luggage targeted toward men is because they are big enough to hold all my crap.   If I need to pack just one bag, I need a bag that can carry the kitchen sink.  I need a ton of pockets  so my passport, ticket, mp3 player, and other essentials are quickly accessible.  That being said, I don’t like paying full price for carry-ons.  I rarely buy things for the retail price, anyway! I have gotten some DvF and Samsonite luggage from discount stores such as Loehmann’s and Ross.  And I am pretty sure I bought that H&M bag during a friends & family promotion.

photos lifted from 00oo00.blogspot.com, bluefly.com, hermes.com,  samsonite.com, and kennethcole.com

No comments: