Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wishlisted! Leonor Greyl's Huile de Palme


If you haven't guessed by the name of this blog, I am battling a beauty product addiction. I suffer from product junkie-ism. Whatever you want to call it. So this beauty just made it onto my wishlist. 95 mL retails for US$42, and is available at Leonor Greyl's site and at beautyhabit. I have heard great things about using an oil as a pre-shampoo treatment, but olive oil and amla oil didn't do much for me, and coconut oil made my hair pretty soft, but I that felt it wasn't strong enough for my thick, kinky/curly hair. According to Leonor Greyl's FAQ, the palm oil is superior to olive oil because "Olive oil will coat your hair but has no nourishing value and offers no protection from UVA/B rays." Hmmm, interesting. This treatment combines several botanical oils in a palm oil base.

Other products that use palm oil you may have heard of include Ojon, but they use the American species of palm, I am not sure where the Leonor Greyl's palm oil comes from.

The picture is from  http://www.leonorgreyl-usa.com/

No comments: