Monday, November 30, 2009

Makes me so happy


I was watching a special video  that Elessa from Pursebuzz made in honor of her 3 years on Youtube and as Pursebuzz.  Pursebuzz was probably the first Youtube channel which I subscribed to - she must have been the first person to make video tutorials.   If you follow any blogs or Youtube channels, you know that most people do not talk about themselves, they concentrate on their purpose.  In this video she talked about her personal history, and the purpose of Pursebuzz.  She didn't get into specific details, but she did reveal that she battles with depression.   This was a surprise because in most of her videos and posts online, she comes across as a very cheerful person.  I still believe that she is a happy person in general, but she said that she has her "sad days" where she has to stay in bed and sleep.  Although she has her low days, she has a lot of things that make her feel great which includes makeup and interacting her followers.  She has used playing with her makeup as her therapy - yes, it is superficial but fun should be... fun, right?  We all need something to be enthusiastic about and most importantly to keep with it.  She is a great example of doing what you love, even if it is a hobby and it doesn't pay the bills!  She makes a good point to eliminate negative energies, people, and situations from your life in order to become a happier person.

 One small thing that makes me really really happy is exfoliating! So what is that stuff in the lead pic?  This is my favorite soap for exfoliating, it is Tadé's Turkish Black Soap (otherwise known as Savon Noir).  This stuff is friggin amazing and Turkish/North African bath houses are the place to go when you want to be scrubbed within one inch of your life.  It is traditionally composed of olive oil, rhassoul, and laurel oil and should not be confused with Sub-Saharan African black soap, which is shea butter-based.  After a few minutes in shower and my skin gets warm and damp, I put on some exfoliating gloves, grab a glob of the black soap, rub in between my hands until I get a little bit of lather, and work out my problems! Sometimes my skin gets to the point where it is bright red, maybe it is because I think hard about whatever and just work out my thoughts with my hands.  Superficial, but still very therapeutic.  I actually had to re-order this on Friday because I am all out!  I can't wait to get it, I have some stuff I need to think about :-)

Do something little this week to make yourself happy .




picture courtesy of luckyscent.com

No comments: