Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lace Hosiery


I have to admit, I am really not into lace tights. But I did fall in love this style, Dentelle, from Le Bourget.

When the weather started to reflect the Fall season, I went onto one of my favorite tights online retailer, mytights, I came across these and they stuck in my head - the back seam detailing is probably what did me in. I am a sucker for a back seam. I didn't really dedicate any brain power wondering if I should get them or not, but all of a sudden the desire to HAVE THEM LIKE, RIGHT NOW hit me about a month ago. Much to my chagrin, they were off the mytights site. I googled and googled, then wrote to the mytights who informed me that they were discontinued. I believe they were marketed as a summer style, so that is probably why I couldn't track them down anywhere on the internet.

Le sigh.

I have found some potential second-bests:



First, from mytights.com, Jonathan Aston Sweet Roses



Second, from sockdreams.com, Hot Sox Fern Lace thigh-highs



Third, from asos.com, Aristoc Lace Tights



So far, I am leaning toward the Fern Lace thigh-highs, I mean how marvelous is the lace band? I also really like the Aristoc Lace Tights, but I have only had one experience with Aristoc, and I not too impressed. I got their Crystalli Tights, and did not get what I expected, which was a few spaced out crystals making a back seam. Instead, the tights had silver rectangle decals that didn't span a lot of the length... not what I was expecting at all.

Like I said, I am not too much into lace tights, but I suppose I should jump on the ones I actually like before they escape my clutch.

By the way, does anyone know how to glue a few crystals to some hosiery? :-) I can be a DIY-er when necessary!!



P.S. how awesome are these House of Holland for Pretty Polly tights? Too bad I don't have the legs for them...and I am not the party girl type :-)

Pictures are from

http://www.mytights.com/
http://www.sockdreams.com/
http://www.asos.com/

No comments: