Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Review: Aveda Deep Cleansing Herbal Clay Masque


The short of it:

  • dries quickly, but doesn't hurt when it dries
  • doesn't dehydrates my skin
  • great value
  • doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
  • doesn't decrease the size of any pimples/bumps
  • I will not be buying it

The long of it:

In order to rule my skin's health and appearance with an iron fist, I have to stay on top of needed maintenance.  I am not a huge fan of facials, I have only gotten a few in my lifetime and have mostly been underwhelmed, so I tend to my skin.   I have sensitive acne-prone skin that I majorly keep in line through supplements and diet, but once a week or so I do a little treatment.  First, I dip a clean washcloth in a bowl of hot water that has a few drops of tea tree oil in it and then apply it to my face to warm up my skin and open the pores. Then I apply a mask to my skin after gently exfoliating, leave it on for about 10  minutes, and remove it with a clean washcloth.  Lastly, I follow up with my regular night cleansing routine. 

I have been to several Aveda salons (Georgetown Aveda is my go-to for bikini waxing) and I have used many Aveda products and they are usually hit or miss.  I love the tea, I am undecided about the paddle brush, the Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant is great, I hated the Dry RemedyMoisturizing Treatment Masque.  I got a sample of the clay mask the last time I was in the store about two months ago.  The sample size is 15 mL (.5 fl oz) and I have used it almost 10 times, yet I still have 2/3 of the jar left.  A little bit is all that you need! The sales associate told me to a very thin layer for any parts of my skin that were break-out prone and use a thicker layer elsewhere.  

I like it, but I have two masks that work much better for my skin's needs.  For now, I will just use it to travel with or if I sweat a lot or have been exposed to a lot of pollution during the day. 

No comments: