Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Shoes!


I was very habitual in the ritual of buying shoes - I used to buy at least twice a month. Never anything too expensive or too "for decoration purposes only." But boy, it still feels good to buy new shoes that you need, that you've had your eye on, that are SURPRISINGLY comfortable. I passed Max Studio in Tyson's Galleria last week when I was on my way from where I parked to the store I wanted to check out when I saw them: Ikram in black. They didn't have my size, but because I was in the Galleria, I got some great service! They ordered a pair from another store and rang me up when they came in. I had Friday off so I took advantage of the Capital Beltway during the mid-day (and how sweet it was) and went down there to try them on. They were a bit big, so at first I was prematurely disappointed, but from the years that I worked in Nine West and from the countless pairs of shoes that I have bought over the years, I know you gotta get up and walk around and really test them out. So I did just that, and they did not rub me the wrong way and my feet were not sliding all over the place. I will give them a full day test during the work week, but so far, I count this as a major score! I am so picky, what can I say.

But I must confess, they are not my ideal black cut-out shoe/bootie. That honor goes to Dior Tejus. I fell in love with that shoe when I saw the Autumn/Winter 2009 presentation (that I saw online, ahem).


I went to my local Dior boutique to see them person and to check the price (expect to pay around $1400!!!!) and they are just so beautiful. The heel is just a work of art. I am not sure if John Galliano designs the leather goods as well as the clothing, but the attention to detail is amazing. And it is great to see Dior applying the importance of detail to all facets of the luxury brand. As it should be, am I right? But can you believe the price? On sale, they will probably still be out of my price range, sadly.

I am happy with Ikram, I have been looking for a gorgeous platform black shoe that will be great for the colder months, and so far I am very pleased... and for 1/10th of the Tejus price.


pictures from http://www.maxstudio.com/
and from http://www.style.com/fashionshows/detail/F2009RTW-CDIOR

No comments: