Monday, November 23, 2009

Wishlisted! Christophe Robin's Masque Au Germe de Blé


Obvs, I have been spending too much time on beautyhabit.  Next on my wishlist is this deep conditioning hair mask composed with wheat germ oil.  Christophe Robin was a bit of a wunderkind - he has been doing professional campaigns since he was 19, opened his treatment- and color-dedicated  Parisian salon at 24, and is currently the expert colorist for beauty giant  L'Oreal Paris.  He is an expert in hair color, and an expert is what I need right about now to care for my color-treated locks.  The Masque Au Germe de Blé is supposed to protect hair color and to nourish and moisturize your poor strands .   I am currently on my second hair color in about 4 months, and I am still not happy with the color, so I will be unleashing some more  red fury on my hair soon!  My hair was in a pretty healthy state before coloring, and even after the first time, but I think I was processed for too long the second time because my ends soon felt straw-like.  I have already been deep conditioning weekly with Karen's Body Beautiful 's Luscious Locks Hair Mask (love) but I wonder if this is the most nourishing treatment available.  I wear my hair in its naturally curly/kinky state most of the time so I won't damage it much further. 

Some of his advice on his website and on L'Oreal's:
  • maintain the brightness of your color by rinsing with cool water and a few drops of lemon juice
  • for an intensive treatment, combine a little of the huile à la lavande with the hair mask for about 30 mins  before shampooing
  • flat iron only on dry hair to prevent frizz and color fading
  • use a deep conditioning treatment after any potentially damaging situation: after a long (and dry) flight, following sun exposure, and the day after coloring

No comments: