Thursday, November 26, 2009

Review: Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Clay Mask


 The short of it:
  • comes in powder form, so you have to mix it
  • works wonderfully
  • as it dries, it makes your face feel tight
  • decreases pimples and bumps
The long of it:

The only negative I with the Cleansing Clay Mask is that is dries very tightly, which is not comfortable.  But that is how clay masks that come in powder form roll.    So whatever you do, do not apply it on your delicate eye area.  A good technique when applying masks is to put on a gentle cream or oil around your eyes to protect the area.   Anyway, I tried it first in the Daily Face Care Kit,which is great if you are new to the line and is very useful for traveling.   The mask has extracts of witch hazel and nasturtium and is supposed to be best for oily and problematic skin.  Dr. Hauschka recommends steaming your face with the Facial Steam Bath first, and then mixing the Steam Bath with the clay mask and applying it to your warm skin.  After running out of the Steam Bath, I didn't rebuy and I think it works well with just water.  But I do steam my pores open with a few drops of tea tree oil in hot water beforehand.  I do think this improves the texture of my skin with every use.  I use this once,  or maybe twice a week since my skin demands it be treated gently, so I don't want to overdo the tightness before I piss off my skin.  It is not my favorite facial mask, but it is great.  When I run out of it, which may be a year from now, seriously, I will see if I want to buy the refill (cool, huh?)

picture courtesy of drhauschka.com

1 comment:

Cari Morton said...

You aren't supposed to let the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask dry out which will explain why it is too tight and uncomfortable. The Dr Hauschka website says "Once applied do not let the mask dry out. keep damp by gently compressing a flannel over the top as necessary, until you want to remove the mask."
Good tip about putting eye cream on first though.