Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Review: Zoya Ultra Glitter in Nova





Let’s just get one thing out of the way – ZOMG GLITTTER!!1!!!1

The short of it:
  • It’s not just glitter, it is ULTRA glitter 
  • Amazing staying power 
  • Three coats for great opacity 
  • Glitter is suspended in a sheer, colored liquid

The long of it:
Zoya produces nail polishes that are free of the toxic chemicals toluene, camphor, formaldehyde and DBP (dibutyl phthalate).  I have to talk about the staying power of Nova first.  I usually get tip wear after the first two days – not only do I work with a computer for my day job, but I don’t use gloves while washing dishes (I know, I know).  Anyway, 5 days later and there is barely a sign that I have worn this polish for more than a day.  I painted it on four nails, and they are in slightly better condition than my pinky nails.  Fab.  The glitter is a cool, dark pink suspended in an orchid-colored sheer base.  The base makes the glitter pop, and it doesn’t take ANYTHING away from the color.  Some glitter formulas just mean some colored glitter in some clear liquid, which can leave your nails looking sparse if not used over a coat of a colored polish.  Not this Ultra Glitter, darling!  It packs a punch with three coats (I usually use two for all other polishes). 

Two enthusiastic, sparkly thumbs up!  Let’s hope they expand this line like they expanded the Velvet Matte line. 


No comments: