Friday, July 1, 2011

Review: Davines Love Curl Conditioner

OK, I already adore the  regular Davines Love Conditioner (which is also fantastic for curly girls), so when I ran out my first jar, I had to try Davines Conditioner - Love, Curl . It is definitely curl-enhancing and it makes my hair feel smooth and soft.  I have kinky/curly hair and I would recommend it to people with naturally curly and/or thick hair.  Mine is sort of like Tracey Ellis Ross.  The texture of the product is very very thick and heavy - thicker than most conditioners that I have ever used.  Because of this, I don't need to use a lot. 



The way that I use conditioner most effectively is that I part my hair in sections, apply some conditioner to one section and starting from the roots, twist that section around itself so that the product squeezes downward and is subsequently concentrated at the ends.

The only complaint that I have is of the packaging - it is made out of a thin plastic, which is good from an environmental standpoint, but it cracks easily.  Luckily, the integrity of the actual product wasn't compromised, and it was nothing a little tape can't fix.   Another negative point for me is that it smells like grapefruit.

First few ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl  Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol...

It also include parabens,  pistachio oil, more silicones, polyquaternium-10, and rice bran wax among other ingredients.  If you are looking for something totally natural with no parabens and no silicones, unfortunately, this product is not for you. 

Hmmm now I wonder what my next Davines purchase will be! I am definitely an enthusiastic fan!

photo credit: amazon.com