Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back to Black

I was saddened to hear about Amy Winehouse's death today, so as a mini-tribute, here are my favorite black eyeliners (in black, of course).



My favorite pencil is Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner in Zero.  It is super black and has amazing staying power.  To achieve a major cat-eye like what Amy started rocked after releasing Back To Black, it may be wise to set the shape you made with your pencil liner with Make Up For Ever's Aqua Creamliner and Eye Seal.






Pre-beehive, Amy slightly winged out liner from her top lid.  This is more my style, and when I do this, I layer MAC's Liquidlast Liner in Point Black on top of Urban Decay Zero.  Liquidlast will ABSOLUTELY not budge no matter how much you sweat or rub your eyes (like I do!).  I like my bottom lid to be lined too, so I close my eye and swipe Guerlain's Terracotta Loose Kohl Liner on the top and bottom waterlines.




To remove all of this makeup, I recommend Nars' Eyemakeup Remover.


If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, remember that with a lot of help it can be treated. Mary J. Blige went through addictions, abusive relationships and depression but in the long run still managed to come out on top.

Amy had more grittiness, originality and talent in her beehive than the whole careers of most pop stars out now, so she will be missed.








photo credits: amazon.com, urbandecay.com, sephora.com, maccosmetics.com, and narscosmetics.com

No comments: