Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tips and Toes

 Going on vacation and wondering which colors to paint your nails and toes? I personally don't like matching my fingernail color to my toes, so here are some nice color combinations.  The top three go with the theme of this blog - shades of purple and blue.

I painted all of these on a white fake nail, with 2 coats and no top coat, except where noted. 

Dark purple creme and bright pastel blue creme: Ginger + Liz "Hold the Drama" and Zoya "Robyn"

Slightly dark purple creme and sparkly dark blue: Zoya "Lael" and on the right, one coat of OPI "Yoga-ta Get This Blue!" plus one coat butter London "Henley Regatta"



Bright pastel purple and teal-toned blue: Zoya "Perrie" and butter London "Artful Dodger"


Dark purple shimmer and raspberry-tinged red creme: Chanel "Vendetta" and  Rococo "Trash Creme"


Dark bright pink creme and primary blue creme: Milani "Punchiest Punch" and Mattése  "Neon 14 Lighting Blue" (I used three coats and this dries matte so I added a top coat)


Mousey grey with lavender undertones and soft hot pink: OPI for Sephora "Metro Chic" and Zoya "Tobey"


Creamsicle orange and bright hot pink: Zoya "Jancyn" and Zoya "Ali" (this dries matte so I added a top coat)

Sparkly tropical green and shimmery true orange: Zoya "Midori" and Sinful Colors "#33 Courtney Orange"

No comments: