Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fall 2011 Couture Makeup

Although I do not wear make-up regularly, I really love a classic lipsticked lip and dark smokey eye.

Jean-Paul Gaultier did strong eyeliner an a red lip. On the three pictures on the Beauty Counter blog, the lip looks sort of orangey, but it does look like a true red on the runway.  Maybe it was blended to suit the undertones models' skin?I dunno.  Your best bet may be to blend a customized color using OCC's Lip Tars in NSFW and Safety Orange.  I have them both (along with Pageant and Tarred) and love to blend them to get a unique color.  Nars' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is also a great choice - Cruella and Dragon Girl are both gorgeous reds, Cruella being slightly darker.

 OCC NSFW on the left, Safety Orange on the right


Chanel had an awesome winged-out black smokey eye using their illusion d'ombre shadow called Mirifique, as reported by Style's Beauty Counter blog. It looks like it has gunmetal shimmer, so I am not sure if it was blended with Épatant on the center of the eye.  And I am not sure if it my computer screen, but I am seeing a bit of green like their nail polish Black Pearl, though not as strong.
















photo credits: style.com

No comments: