Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mini Reviews - The Goods

Davines  Lovely Smoothing Conditioner -This stuff is amazing.  I bought it after reading about it on Antonio Golzales's blog, and I have to say that this is the best conditioner I have ever used on my thick kinky/curly/wavy/frizzy hair! It definitely tops my two former favorites, Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks and Massato Treatment with Camellia.  Oh, and it's cheaper too!  I may have to try their Lovely Curl Enhancing Conditioner next =)Warning: this does contain silicones.


Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask- If you are allergic to papayas, pineapples, or fresh fruit, this may not work for you.  This gently loosens up and dissolves some skin and makes my face feel very nice! Exfoliators are not only good for making your skin feel smooth, but for making the application of your cherished lotions and potions more effective.  And for a bonus, this stuff smells soooo good.  This is more intensive than their Papaya Enzyme Facial Scrub, which didn't do anything for me.  A warning: Sometimes I get sloppy with application and end up with a bit at the area where my earlobe meets my head and it gets SUPER irritated.


In Fiore Lustra - First, the aroma of this cleanser is absolutely divine.  Second, it is bloody expensive.  I got the mini size, and it is about 2/3 full after using it about 5 times.  If I had money, I would buy the full size! Yes, I am a believer.  Makes my skin feel soft and look radiant. The directions say to apply it to a dry face, but that was too much trouble for me - particles go everywhere except for my face!  I scooped out a bit with dry fingers (the company advises to not expose this product to constant moisture, so I was trying to be extra careful), put it in the palm of my hand, then wet my fingers and applied it to my damp face, and massaged it around for 1-2 minutes.


Youngblood Mineral Radiance Moisture Tint - Generally speaking, I HATE foundation.  I have bought several kinds of foundation in the past because my skin tone is uneven, but I hardly ever wear it because it doesn't feel good on the skin, it usually doesn't match my skin exactly, and it's a lot of work to use.  Last year when I went to NYC, I was wrangled in to the Youngblood cosmetic counter at Henri Bendel by a very good saleswoman/makeup artist and after she used this tinted moisturizer (in the shade Warm and I would say that my skin tone is comparable to Tracee Ellis Ross), I had to have it because my skin looked like it was glowing.  Because it is a tinted moisturizer it doesn't cover up all imperfections, but it is easy to use, it doesn't cause skin problems, and  I don't walk around with greyish winter skin!

photos lifted from amazon.com, albabotanica.com, beautyhabit.com, and ybskin.com

No comments: