Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mini Reviews - The Bads


Covergirl Lash Blast  Volume - After hearing so many raves about Lash Blast, I bought this after my beloved Korres ProVitamin B5 & Rice Bran mascara kicked the bucket.  My lashes looked good, but it was nothing spectacular.  It also flaked like crazy and smelled like an awful chemical mess! I think Korres spoiled me for life...



Scotch Naturals WaterColors Nail Polish - Fantastic colors, but the formula sucks.  The colors I bought were: Flying Scotsman, a gorgeous almost-black blue, Hot Toddy, a dark true brown, and Ceasefire, a color in between pea green and army green.  My problems are that the colors separate in the bottle, it chips easily, and the paint is watery and bubbly.  The formula is water-based so this is probably why.  All that being said, they are wearable, though I would not recommend using the instructions given.  The card that came with my package said that I could use the colors with no base or top coat, after moisturizing the nails with jojoba oil and washing my hands.  Yeah... my nails looked great up until I showered the following morning! Please use a top coat and base coat like you do with other nail polishes.


Kate Somerville Clearing Mask - I don't think that this is anything special.  It doesn't do anything bad, but I can't say it is better at handling my skin issues than the masks from Dr. Eckstein or Dr. Hauschka.


photos lifted from drugstore.com, scotchnaturals.com, and spacenk.com

No comments: