Thursday, March 24, 2011

A New (to me) Favorite Blog


Into The Gloss is my new favorite beauty blog! I have always been taken with beauty stashes, medicine closets, and the backstage photos of runway shows.  It is always a puzzle to find out what really works.  Beauty editors, makeup artists, and models probably test hundreds of new products every year.  Which make the cut in everyday life?  This blog has DETAILS about the favorite products and techniques  of the beauty experts and enthusiasts of the world.

In the "Top Shelf" category, Into the Gloss provides in-depth first-person peeks into the bathrooms of some of these ladies.  My favorite raid was that of  Eva Chen, the beauty director of Teen Vogue.  She gave a very enthusiastic and funny account of her love of trying new beauty products and services and what she swears by.  The great thing about beauty junkies is how pleasant and open they seem to be!  On the flip side, a few of the women were unhelpful or too pretentious, not really reflecting Eva's enthusiasm about beauty being accessible to all.  But the majority have been GREAT!

The Top Shelf is my favorite category, but the whole blog is a total wealth of information.  Love it!


The picture above is of part  of my hair product stash (yeah, all of my bottles can't fit in that basket!), which is not as glamourous as what can be seen on the blog =)

No comments: