Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Impatience and a Cleanser Formulated in 1933

A month ago I ran low on the cleanser I was using at the time, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash so I went to Ulta to pick up a new cleanser.  I was really only looking for something that satisfied the requirements of being cheap and not having sodium laurel/laureth sulfate.  I picked up So Totally Clean by Formula 10.0.6 because it fit my two constraints.  At night I need a traditional cleanser after "cleansing" my face with grapeseed oil.  But this 10.0.6 stuff is a watery liquid, so it is not a good tool to remove oil.  So I figured that I should check Makeup Alley for a cleanser to use. 

I went to the "Top Picks" and what is on the first page? So Totally Clean by Formula 10.0.6 (under Bonne Bell).  It is rated 4.4/5 lippies and has been reviewed by 34 people.  And at 91% of reviewers saying that they would purchase again, I figured this must be a great cleanser.  Also, according to the reviews, there is a reason why this has been made since 1933 - consumer loyalty.  A lot of the reviewers that I read have been using this product for DECADES.  The only thing that I am loyal to is my Dr. Eckstein Krauter Supreme night cream, and I will use that product forever because it works.  So this past weekend I decided to incorporate this product into my routine, but in the morning because I only swipe rose water over my face.  So far, my face has been soft every day.  I also learned early on, this product should go NOWHERE near your eyes - it will burn like a politician in hell.




So where does the "impatience" come from? I just ran out of facial exfoliators.  So taking advantage of the BeautyHabit friends & family discount, I ordered Biologique Recherche's Lotion P50 1970.  If Courtney Love, who is almost 50 and has been a rock star for the majority of her life, has pretty nice looking skin and says that she swears by this, it is worth a shot!  It also has great reviews on Makeup Alley.  So it came today, but I just started using 10.0.6 regularly, so I have to wait to introduce a new element to my skincare routine in order to see if it makes a difference =( So far I can say that words fail me to describe the awful stink that Lotion P50 emits.  But ugggh I can't wait to use it!!!  Maybe next week I will use it once at night - a girl has got to exfoliate, right? 

From what I can see, they both have "bad" or super strong things for your skin.  For So Totally Clean, alcohol denat is the first ingredient listed, lactic acid is fourth, and fragrance is fifth. Theoretically awful, right?   For P50, phenol is third, vinegar is fifth, and lactic acid is eighth.   So basically, these products work by burning your skin off! Just kidding,but maybe not. 

I will try to report back in a few weeks about a conclusion about 10.0.6.  But the trick is to use this as directed.  No rinsing off after!

No comments: