Sunday, October 16, 2011

First Time Reactions

I tried two new product lines yesterday, so here is a quick review of my initial thoughts on these products.

I tried 3 out of the 6 TiGi S-Factor products that I got in the mail ( I ordered the Lisa kit for $30 and the Vera kit for $25). Let me begin by saying that these are loaded with silicones and parabens, so if you are averse to using any products that have ingredients from these chemical families, then these products are not for you.  Also, they all have a fruity scent, which is usually something that I hate, but these smell pretty nice.



First, I used the Lusterizer on wet hair.  I could see the shimmery particles in the products and only used less than a dime-sized amount.  I have a lot of thick hair that is below my collarbone, and that seemed to be enough.  After my hair was dry I did notice how soft and smooth my hair felt. My hair wasn't as shiny as a mirror, but I am not a professional so I couldn't feel sad about that.  "So far so good!" I thought.


Before flat ironing I sprayed about 5 sprays of the Flat Iron Shine Spray  directly on my hair and another spray on my hand and ran that over my ends.  The major difference I saw yesterday than when I usually flat iron is that my hair just about straightened out in one pass of my flat iron.  Also, I am in dire need of a trim, and my  ends were able to straighten out much better and not look as raggedy as they really are.  I am not entirely sure if it was the Lusterizer or the Flat Iron Spray, but my hair was looking fantastic after flat ironing.  And no crazy static or poofiness that I have been experiencing lately!


Lastly, I sprayed the Vivacious Hairspray on a comb and combed through to try to smooth down my short flyaways.  That didn't work, so I wasn't immediately impressed by the hairspray.  Hours later before I went to bed I put my hair in 5 pincurls, which is something that I habitually do because I don't like my hair all over the place while I am sleeping.  Today I undid my hair was was SHOCKED because the pincurls left my hair in soft curls around my head. Can you imagine having a hair spray that set a hairstyle that was created hours after usage? amazing. 

In sum, so far the S-Factor products by TiGi are an enthusiastic thumbs up.



On to what else I tried last night: Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970.  First things first: This. Stuff. Friggin. STINKS.  The stench didn't dissipate for about 10 minutes or so after application. Also, part of my face felt very slightly tingly/numb.  Both of these negative points I was aware of from all of the reviews on Makeup Alley and Youtube.  When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my skin looked and felt a bit smoother, so I am hoping to be able to give a good review in a few weeks, but we will see!  I got the smaller size from beautyhabit to try first, but there is a bigger size that has a better price of $50 at acnewizard.com.


photo credits: tigistore.com and beautyhabit.com

1 comment:

SaDia said...

I have been using TIGI Bed Head shampoo alongside with the conditioner, My curly frizzy and dry hair turns into smoother and shinny. This Duo also helped to reduce my splitends :)
The shampoo smells really good, I would probably drink if it weren't dangerous. And the best thing is i found on beautflo.com on 30% Discount