Sunday, October 3, 2010

Detox and Designers

The weekend is the time I catch up on blogs, and you know I love the blogs from style.com and vogue.co.uk, so the Beauty Counter blog on style.com turned me on to Conversations with the designer Norma Kamali.  She is very into personal wellness and wanted to bring inspiration to really anyone who has an internet connection. 

Check out this feature with dermatologist Dr. David Colbert.  He's not selling a product that he will make a profit on: "What makes you look good is fresh food."

So today I am not eating processed foods.  My goal is to do this once a week, and then we will see from there.  Maybe next Saturday I will pull all my money out of savings and  hit up the farmer's market! My skin has been acting up and I haven't been sleeping well.  I already know I haven't been exercising like I should, so this is something I can control.  For breakfast I had scrambled eggs and those tiny oranges (mandarin?).  And so far I haven't died yet, lol. 

By the way, I've heard her name before, but I never checked out Ms. Kamali's clothes.  I love the mesh and modal lines! I also like how the shopping site is set up and the sizing chart and I have a feeling the brand strives for great customer service.  I will have to save my pennies to get some of her clothes...


Back in July I bookmarked this "DIY Detox" post from Vogue.co.uk's Beauty Blog but never did anything about it.   Here are some sensible tips they offered after reading Jane Scrivner's book:

Detox is changing a few things for a while to learn how it feels to feel amazing.
Detox isn't 'can't have', 'not allowed' or 'giving up', its trying amazing new tastes and discovering new meals.
Don't do a month, do 4 x 7 days with a reward of a facial, pedicure or massage at the end of each week
Prepare, prepare, prepare - fill your home with Detox foods and then snack to your hearts content.
Recruit a Detox buddy; sharing recipes, moans and successes will keep you going

No comments: