Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Perfume Picks

Floral: Editions de Parfums Fredéric Malle Lys Méditerranée.  One of my favorite scents.  Ideal for summer and for those who love France (don't forget that France extends beyond Paris!).


"Heavy": Paco Rabanne Lady Million.  I would say that is heavy for summer.  I think it is a sexy skin scent that starts out a bit fruity (mostly raspberry/bitter orange/grapefruit on me) and then settles into something more interesting. Nothing revolutionary, but it smells great. Dominique Ropion, one of the creators, is famously know for the best tuberose fragrance in the history of perfumery, Carnal Flower. Yes, that is my opinion, but many people will agree with me!


Sweet: Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit.  Amazing! I am usually not impressed with the scents Hermes puts out, but this is fantastic. I got a sample with my Lady Million purchase, and my friend and I were bowled over by how great it smelled. Starts out very "bug spray" but turns into the ideal fruity scent for adults.


Masculine: Lanvin Vetyver.  I got a sample of this recently, and I think it smells gorgeous.  It is a soft, mossy vetiver that is perfectly light for summer. 


As you can see, two scents are old, and the other two have been released within the past year or so.  A good fragrance knows no age!

photo credits:  barneys.com, sephora.com, basenotes.com, and amazon.com

No comments: