Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reviews: Karuna Anti-Blemish Mask and Avène Eau Thermale


Last night I used the last Karuna Treatment Mask and remembered that I didn’t post any opinions on it.  I really have to give this a positive review because it totally calmed and soothed my skin when I got back from vacation and I felt sunburnt.  Another thing that helped was spraying my skin about 3 times a day with the Avène spray that I usually keep in my purse, but I am sure the other mineral water sprays out there like Evian and La Roche-Posay will work just as well.


Karuna Anti-Blemish Treatment Mask: 4 individually wrapped masks for $28.  I bought a box from Henri Bendel during the winter and have used the first two intermittently and not according to directions, so I was just “meh” about them.  But when I came back from vacation a few weeks ago, I had to go through my skincare arsenal to find something to soothe my skin in order to prevent my nose from peeling.  I put on the Karuna mask and instead of peeling it off after 20 minutes and washing my face like I normally did, I fell asleep with it on.  A few hours later, I woke up with a feeling of “OMG WTF is going on with my face???!!!?? Oh that’s right, I’m wearing a mask” and took off the mask, which was mostly dry.  My skin absorbed a lot of the liquid that the cloth was infused with and my face looked and felt smooth, hydrated, and plumped up with nourishment. Not rinsing it off is the key! I will definitely buy this again, and I would like to try the exfoliating mask sometime too. Though a complaint I had is that some of the writing on the box is in white, which makes it extremely difficult to read.




Avène Thermal Spring Water: 50 mL/50 g/ 1.76 oz for around $7. I prefer the smaller version in order to keep in my purse and because I think the spraying mechanism on larger size may clog before using the entire bottle. From the time that I laid out in the sun too much, I knew I needed to do something to prevent peeling and to heal the damage.  Not only did it help soothe my skin from the sun and from traveling, I think that it helped prevent blackheads and small spots from appearing because from the time I stopped using it, those started to reappear on my face.  It is either that or the sunshine, so I have started up using the spray again to test my theory.  I really think that the minerals found in spring water that helps skin – I observed that French people had really nice skin, and they drink a lot of spring water that lists the minerals right on the bottle’s label!

photo credits: skinstore.com and amazon.com 

No comments: