Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review - Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20

I have to give this product two thumbs up.  It didn't solve all of my discoloration problems, but I am happy with the results.



I used the Even Better moisturizer in the mornings, and did notice an old acne scar fading after 4 weeks.  The 6th week passed on May 14th (almost 2 weeks ago) and I definitely see a difference.  Last year I ran out of some of my tried-and-true skincare products so I had a few very nasty pimples that left lasting marks (imagine this: one didn't go away for a few weeks even after getting a professional facial so I finally squeezed it, and 4 adjacent pores emptied out and it took quite a few minutes to get all of the gunk out) and they are almost gone now.  I also noticed a difference on my overall skintone.  My cheeks are naturally lighter than the rest of my face, which is common with women of color, and today I did notice that there was visibly less of a difference.  This never really bothered me beforehand, so this is a pleasant surprise! 

I will say that I noticed that I  developed a few tiny blemishes here and there, rather than one or two pre-menstruation.  No big deal though - they disappeared quickly.

When I mentioned before that it didn't affect all of my discoloration, I was referring to the area around my mouth.   Immediately next to the side of my mouth it is very light, and then in the smile crease area, it is dark.  So unfortunately, this highlights the hair that grows on my upper lip D=  Realistically, I will probably have to get professional peels and things of that nature to solve that situation because of the skin gathering in that region that causes the shadow...

So I am now wondering when I run out, will I have to repurchase? I am assuming that the blotchiness  won't return, and my night cream (Dr. Eckstein Krauter Supreme)already helps fade acne scars, though it works more slowly compared to Clinique's Even Better day moisturizer.  I apply the cream sparingly, so I barely put a dent in the jar - it damn near looks unused, so I will probably be using this at least through September.  I will continue to use it every morning, but I will be vacationing in a month, so after my skin gets some sun,  I will see if any unevenness comes back.

photo credit: clinique.com

No comments: