Saturday, November 20, 2010

From the Expert: Deep Conditioners

Earlier this month, celebrity hair stylist Antonio Gonzales listed his top 5 favorite hair masks
 
I don’t know about you guys, but my hair has been fried, dyed, and is almost ready to be laid to rest.  Oh yes, it is almost that serious! I finally found a hair color and colorist that I am sticking with (INOA and Ian at the Ted Gibson Salon) while I grow out all the chemical damage that I have going on.  I love this blog, and I found this article very helpful.  He has another article about dying hair red I will probably highlight here soon.  But for deep conditioners he emphasized the following:
 
In the past, hair masks were oil-based and potentially damaging; when used too often they stifled the scalp and made the hair limp, leaving it difficult to style. Nowadays, water-based masks are lighter, with added nutrients that are safe for the scalp, leaving your hair in mint condition.
 
I have to admit I have tried many oils and heavy oil or butter based deep conditioners and they did nothing or left my hair frizzy or with the feeling of build-up.   Out of these five, I want to try Davines’ Love Mask the most.  Antonio’s description of the benefits of this one fits me perfectly – my hair is thick, kinky/curly, and color-treated. 

Davines, $20 on amazon.com
 
Kerastase, $58 on kerastase-usa.com (be sure to check out their samples and offer thru 11/30) and $50 on folica.com

 
Moroccan oil, $26.50 on amazon.com
 
Matrix Biolage Intensive Therapy - I am not exactly sure which line he is talking about... Maybe he likes them all!


Sooooo.... I just ordered the Davines Conditioner! I already love KBB and Massato, how will this stack up? 

The original post:
 

No comments: